Website 12 Tribes Coulee Dam Casino
Salary Grade: $36,972-$51,760 $DOE (E1)
Reports To: Executive Chef
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED weekly reviews
Overseas kitchen for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and banquets/events for the day-to-day running checks. Help Line staff in quality control, consistency adhering to recipe cards, presentations and taste of food products. Trouble shooting, with foresight, in all outlets working cohesively with both front and back of the house managers/supervisors and staff.
- Determines and posts all schedules in a timely manner prior to work week.
- Responsible for the budgetary requirements and obligations for their outlet.
- Coaches and trains staff as needed which includes applying disciplinary action when appropriate and applicable.
- Be familiar and able to teach staff on all kitchen equipment (i.e. Rational Combi oven, Blast Chiller, Ovens, grills etc.).
- Ensures all kitchen staff follow grooming/uniform standards and follow kitchen rules as noted.
- Controls over time on a daily basis using the approaching overtime format.
- Inspects walk-ins and freezers on a regular basis to check for food storage and labeling of food products – First In, First Out (FIFO) and follows up as needed to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with Executive Steward/Executive Chef on walk in fridge, freezer and dry storage on food rotation usage and ordering adjusting with business volumes.
- Ensures all order guides and par levels are used/followed on a daily basis to ensure consistent food cost and product levels to minimize waste.
- Monitors employee food during service periods checks temperatures maintain logs, check cleanliness and general upkeep and follows up as needed and/or appropriate.
- Runs as the Expeditor during the peak business times.
- Works line if needed if ticket times fall behind.
- Have good understanding of POS machines, check postings, and run reports.
- Monitors cooks on breaks, lunch periods, and sign in/out sheets.
- Help lead cooks on prep lists for daily operations and ensure prep lists are filled out and followed on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Be familiar with cash register, bank sign in, and cash out procedures.
- Overseas shell fish harvest log sheets and file accordingly for 6 months with Executive Steward/Executive Chef.
- Helps plan daily special for lunch and/or dinner.
- Demonstrates portion control and other cost effective measures.
- Performs work duties in a professional manner.
- Have an open schedule being able to work weekend’s holidays as business level depicts.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and overseas upkeep on equipment
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum 5 years in food industry in casinos, resorts, or high end restaurants.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Formal training in a culinary school, must have passed Serve Safe and have valid food handlers card.
- Two years’ experience as Sous Chef in management position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid non-gaming permit or Tribal Gaming Badge (whichever is applicable).
- Must possess a valid Washington State Food Handler’s Card and have passed Serve Safe exam.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with MS products.
- Must understand how to read and follow budget requirements for outlets and adjust accordingly with labor and food costs.
- Must have good English skills, including: grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary and reading and speaking abilities.
- Maintains company, employee and patron information with confidentiality.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- May be exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended lengths of time.
- Ability to project voice.
- Ability to bend, squat, and reach frequently.
- Must have mobility to lift and move various types of products.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DRUG TEST REQUIRED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CTFC POLICY