Website 12 Tribes Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $14.98-$20.26 p/hr. $DOE (NE3)
Reports To: Security Supervisor
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED weekly reviews
The incumbent is a pivotal member of our operations which requires a high-level of integrity. Responsible for, but not limited to: the safety and protection of patrons, employees and casino property; promotes superior customer relations and a safe, friendly environment by preventing/reporting unsafe and illegal behavior within the applicable laws, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for securing and protecting company assets, team members, and guests.
- Responds to emergencies or arranged assignments with appropriate diligence for the situation.
- Performs perimeter checks and internal checks of building(s); systematically checks effectiveness of locks while performing checks.
- Investigates and seeks resolutions to patron complaints and other customer service issues.
- Observes and reports incidents, procedure violations, safety hazard violations, and criminal activities as they occur.
- Coordinates with appropriate law enforcement agencies concerning all criminal activity taking place on Colville Gaming property, including investigations of criminal and civil violation incidents.
- Writes and distributes incident reports to appropriate departments immediately following incident.
- Restricts and prevents access to sensitive casino areas by unauthorized persons.
- Transports company property and assets.
- May prepare daily, monthly and annual paperwork and any reports according to department and company needs as assigned.
- Removes unruly, belligerent and intoxicated persons from casino premises, as directed by casino management
- Helps to ensure compliance with all departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; enforces all required safety codes.
- Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Performs assigned work duties in a customer service, friendly and safe manner.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have previous law enforcement / security experience; OR
- Experience in a casino environment.
- Must possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
- Must have skill in writing reports.
- Must have excellent observation skills.
- Must be able to possess a current and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Must possess certification in both CPR and basic first aid within first 90 Days.
- Working knowledge of security systems and safety procedures preferred.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be professional at all times.
- Must be able to express proper etiquette.
- Ability to be fair, consistent, honest, and unbiased.
- Must be able to follow directives and assigned schedule.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs and ability to operate general office equipment.
- Must successfully complete required training; this includes completing formal basic security officer training
- Cover shifts as needed and ability to work variable hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to comfortably kneel and carry as needed and for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform continuous physical exertion as needed
- Ability to bend, squat and/or reach.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to perform CPR.
- Ability to run up several flights of stairs or sprint a few hundred yards in emergency situations.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Ability to stay level headed and respond quickly in stressful situations
- Frequently exposed to a stressful work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to bright and or flashing lights.
- Occasionally exposed to belligerent, combative and/or intoxicated patrons.
- Occasionally works near or around electricity.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.