Website 12 Tribes Omak Casino Hotel
Salary Grade: $16.16 to $21.85 $DOE as Officer & $18.70 to 25.30 $DOE as Supervisor
Reports To: Security Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The incumbent is a pivotal member of our operations, which requires a high-level of integrity. Responsible for but not limited to: the safety and protection of patrons, employees, casino property, and when working in the Security Supervisor capacity, the efficient operation of the Security Department during assigned shifts. Will promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
• Responsible for securing and protecting company assets, team members, and guests.
• Responds to emergencies or arranged assignments with appropriate diligence for the situation.
• Will assist with personnel functions, such as interviewing, orientation, training, development, supervision, delegations, evaluations and disciplinary actions, and payroll activities; will perform these functions in a timely manner.
• May monitor drop duties.
• Performs perimeter checks and internal checks of building(s); systematically checks effectiveness of locks while performing checks.
• Investigates and seeks resolutions to patron complaints and other customer service issues.
• Observes and reports incidents, procedure violations, safety hazard violations and criminal activities as they occur or when notified.
• May handle, verify, and escort large amounts of currency.
• Writes and distributes incident reports to appropriate departments immediately following incident.
• Coordinates with appropriate law enforcement and regulatory agencies concerning all criminal activity taking place on Colville Gaming property, including investigations of criminal and civil violation incidents.
• Restricts and prevents access to sensitive casino areas by unauthorized persons.
• Transports company property and assets.
• Prepares daily, monthly and annual paperwork and any reports according to department and company needs as assigned.
• Removes unruly, belligerent and intoxicated persons from casino premises, as directed by casino management.
• Administers or assists with drug testing team members in cases where there is reasonable cause, workplace injury/illness, or company property damage.
• Informs the department of casino promotional programs and promotes customer service and friendly attitudes.
• Ensures compliance with departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; enforces all required safety codes.
• Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
• Performs assigned work duties in a customer service, friendly and safe manner.
• Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• College degree in a related field preferred.
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Minimum six (6) months of security experience is required, preferably in a casino environment.
• Must possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Must be able to possess a current and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
• Must possess a current and valid CPR/First Aid Certification, Blood Borne Pathogens Training, and MSDS Training.
• Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
• Must have skill in writing reports.
• Must have excellent observation skills.
• Must possess working knowledge of security systems and safety procedures.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be professional at all times.
• Must be able to express proper etiquette.
• Ability to be fair, consistent, honest, and unbiased.
• Must be able to follow directives and assigned schedule.
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs and knowledge to operate general office equipment.
• Experience with training staff in security enforcement procedures.
• Must successfully complete required training; this includes formal casino supervisory training and Basic Security Officer training.
• Cover shifts as needed and ability to work variable hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to analyze data from multiple information ports by comparing and contrasting data to draw a conclusion or to identify trends.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Ability to drive in adverse weather conditions.
• Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
• Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods.
• Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods.
• Ability to comfortably kneel and carry as needed and for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform continuous physical exertion as needed
• Ability to bend, squat and/or reach.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to perform CPR.
• Ability to run up several flights of stairs or sprint a few hundred yards in emergencies.
• Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
• Ability to stay levelheaded and respond quickly in stressful situations
• Frequently exposed to a stressful work environment.
• Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
• Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
• Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Occasionally exposed to bright and or flashing lights.
• Occasionally exposed to belligerent, combative and/or intoxicated patrons.
• Occasionally works near or around electricity.
• Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
• Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER