12 Tribes Omak Casino Hotel
Salary Grade: $60,945.65-$85,330.89 $DOE E4
Reports To: Marketing Director
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Closing Date: November 28, 2022
This position is second in command in the Marketing Department and will sign on behalf of and lead the department in the absence of the Marketing Director. Assists with development and implementation of a successful, full-scale advertising and communications program, events program, and promotions program for the 12 Tribes Colville Casinos. Actively manages the advertising processes between operating and marketing departments with an advertising agency. This position manages a detailed schedule with emphasis on direct mail, social media, traditional media, and other print communications across all stages of production plus the planning and implementation of all events and promotions.
- In-depth understanding of common marketing and advertising best practices
- Responsible for the management of all marketing support services to include advertising, public relations, graphic design, events, and promotions
- Oversee the creation of print advertising vehicles including postcards, brochures, event materials, self-mailers, high end invitations, posters, backlites, and large and medium sized signage
- Plan, launch and meticulously optimize advertising campaigns across multiple channels and other third-party advertising channels based on goals and budgets
- Responsible for all facets of advertising planning including: scheduling, creative execution with agency (if applicable), print production, and distribution
- Provides superior customer service to team members, management, and outside vendors to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective production campaigns
- Work with media outlets and agency (if applicable) to develop and traffic traditional and digital media strategies to ensure maximum effectiveness from research and planning to activation
- Manage Social Media: developing, editing, managing, and executing content on the company website and social media platforms, ensure customer service expectations are met with a consistent and appropriate voice
- Manage Public Relations: create a positive public image, design media releases to shape public perception of the company and to increase awareness of our work and goals, help the company communicate effectively
- Graphics/Multimedia: conceptualize and communicate requested creative collateral and revise, edit, and proofread content to ensure strict brand compliance
- Manage Events: execute and manage all casino and amphitheater events, special events, and community events
- Manage Promotions: plan, develop, and supervise marketing activities that meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the casino’s target customer as well as maximizing revenue and ROI
- Reviews and presents reports of performance for an increased level of success
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and be a self-motivator and willing to work on multiple projects not included under normal scope of work
- Must be exceptionally organized and detail orientated while ensuring all timelines and schedules are met
- Exceptional ability to think and write in a compelling, creative way with engaging communication skills is a must
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including, but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier
- Has day-to-day signature authority and leads the department in the absence of the Marketing Director
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is required
- Minimum three (3) years of satisfactory marketing experience with progressive responsibilities
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Applications including, but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and freehand applications preferred
- Knowledge of Casino Marketplace preferred
- Excellent PC skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, Casino Marketplace, Novari, Basecamp, Monday.com, Dropbox
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet or exceed established timelines
- Ability to analyze data from multiple information ports by comparing and contrasting data to draw a conclusion or to identify trends
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills
- Must be a team player and work effectively with subordinates, coworkers, and management
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and reach.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke,
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
- May be exposed to belligerent, combative and/or intoxicated patrons.
- Ability to drive in adverse weather conditions
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER