Website Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $18.70-$25.30PH $DOE
Reports To: HR Services Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is an entry-level position in the Human Resources Analyst series. The incumbent is a pivotal member of our operations which requires a high-level of integrity and work production. The incumbent will do basic and entry-level duties related to Human Resources functions and will operate as a high-level administrative assistant for all of Human Resources. Incumbent will travel between sites to fulfill duties and objectives at least once per week using company vehicle when available.
- Compiles and enters team member data into the computer system.
- Assists with recruitment efforts, i.e. posts ads for open positions, maintains application files, coordinates interview process, conducts reference checks, background checks, issues non-gaming permits, etc.
- Assists with duties related to benefits such as billing, data entry, processing forms, answering questions, etc.
- Assists with Years of Service requests (YOS), employment verifications, searching records, and provide necessary paperwork to team members.
- Responsible for posting and updating HR TV monitors with HR information and team member announcements.
- Plays a role in the drug testing process whether as a Tester, Witness, or Transporter.
- Develops and compiles various letters and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes newly hired employees; conducts general orientation.
- Performs general sorting, filing and other basic clerical duties.
- Assists in providing reports related to HR operations and functions.
- Maintains accurate and organized records and file systems to ensure records are retained in compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Travel to multiple training sites
- Assists in gathering, producing, disbursing, and collecting training materials.
- Assists with tracking training attendees.
- Greets guests at HR to provide them the information they need. In some cases, they may direct the guest to someone who could assist them.
- Gathers documents needed for appeals, disciplinary process, and/or unemployment for review and then sends information to appropriate parties.
- Conducts exit interviews and compiles reports related to separations.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, processing purchase orders, and tracking budget expenditures.
- Responsible for organizing supplies and office to best fit the department needs.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with employees, supervisors, and all levels of management.
- Provide office coverage at different sites to meet operational needs.
- Provides superior customer service by way of appropriate, professional, timely, and thorough responses using multiple communication avenues.
- Excels in working independently and as a member of a team.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
- Typically works days during the week, but may be required to work overtime or to support other efforts during varying hours and weekends/days.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. The incumbent may be instructed by management to perform other duties or to assist with special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- AA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Office Management, or related field required; OR,
- Minimum three (3) years of combined experience in Human Resources functions and administrative support experience that demonstrates the ability to fulfill the requirements of the position is required.
- Must be computer literate with intermediate proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Must have correspondence skills, report writing and editing with excellent spelling and grammar abilities.
- Ability to author well-organized reports that are clear, accurate, and convincing.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple information ports by comparing and contrasting data to draw a conclusion or to identify trends.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work closely, productively, and professionally with other individuals in a team environment to fulfill duties/assignments.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to complete clerical duties quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Ability to be fair, consistent, honest, and unbiased.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in the duties related to HR goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Must be able to periodically work outside of their normal work schedule, on short notice, in order to meet our operational needs which may include early or late shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and reach.
- Ability to frequently push and pull 10 pounds.
- Ability to seldom push and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend complex issues.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Ability to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Periodically exposed to high levels of noise and tobacco smoke.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER