Omak Casino Hotel
Salary Grade: $16.17-$21.87 p/hr NE5
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: June 29, 2022
Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for supervision of all guest room functions by coaching and training staff, examining guest rooms and public areas for cleanliness and maintenance issues prior to guests’ arrival and provide excellent customer service.
- Greet guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Supervise the performance of room attendants and general cleaning and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior, and work practices.
- Act as primary liaison between housekeeping team and other staff to ensure rooms are ready for guests.
- Act as a service role model and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Will train housekeeping team members on their daily duties.
- Inspect guest rooms, guest areas and employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security.
- Record inspection results and works with other team members to resolve any deficiencies.
- Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
- Aid in budget control through monitoring use of linen, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains key control policies.
- Produce schedules for employees in accordance with staffing guides/productivity requirements. Review and adjust staffing daily to ensure optimum staffing levels. Review assignments of employees and make adjustments.
- Ensure lost and found procedures are followed according to company policy.
- Ensure key control policies are followed according to company standards.
- Abide by the regulations of the material safety data sheets when using chemicals.
- Communicate throughout the day with Front Office and other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Monitor consumption and order replacement of guest and cleaning supplies.
- Manage administrative functions in accordance with established standards.
- Demonstrates genuine passion for creating memorable experiences for others and truly connecting with guests and fellow team members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. May duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- 12 months prior housekeeping experience preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
- Supervisory experience in a hotel setting preferred.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail in previous employment.
- Able to project a professional manner at all times.
- Able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to work varying schedules and shifts, including weekends and holidays to meet the business needs of the resort.
- Able to multi-task effectively in order to accomplish various tasks throughout the day while keeping the guest experience in mind at all times.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a non-gaming permit.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, twist, squat, crouch, kneel, and reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER