Website 12 Tribes Omak Casino Hotel
Salary Grade: $13.74-$18.58 p/hr. $DOE (NE2)
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED w/weekly reviews
Responsible for keeping the general appearance of the hotel facility in clean, functional working order and responding to guest requests in the hotel. The House Person provides support to laundry, housekeeping, and other duties as needed.
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to: restrooms, public areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms.
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to: dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays.
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed.
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.) as needed.
- Addresses and responds to guest inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as needed.
- Removes and restocks all linens for room attendants.
- Removes all garbage from guestrooms and public space.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates genuine passion for creating memorable experiences for others and truly connecting with guests and fellow team members.
- Enjoys discovering opportunities to go the extra mile to make someone’s day.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum 6 months housekeeping /guest service experience, preferably in a hotel setting.
- Ability to perform functions with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information.
- Ability to read and understand directions on cleaning solutions and operating manuals.
- Knowledge of small electronics, painting, basic plumbing, and furniture repairs.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work unsupervised and display integrity and honesty at all times.
- Ability to provide superior guest service.
- Able to multi-task effectively in order to accomplish various tasks throughout the day while keeping the guest experience in mind at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays & special events as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a non-gaming permit.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Ability to frequently climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, squat, crouch, kneel, and reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles.
- Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 125 pounds occasionally with assistance.
- Frequently exposed to vibration.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER