Website 12 Tribes Coulee Dam Casino
Salary Grade: $17.22-$23.29 p/hr. $DOE (NE26)
Reports To: Facility Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
A working supervisor who is responsible for the upkeep of the entire casino property and/or some equipment; supervises Facilities personnel, providing effective guidance and assistance in regards to the completion of the goals and objectives of the Facility department; performs duties in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations; may act in the place of the maintenance manager when assigned. Incumbent is responsible for supervising and coordinating daily operations of general Facility staff on assigned shift relative to corrective, emergency, and preventive maintenance projects.
- Assists with personnel functions, such as: interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, development, supervision, delegations, evaluations and disciplinary actions; must perform these functions in a timely manner.
- Assists in preparing staff schedules and job assignments, including the scheduling for required training.
- Develops and implements work procedures for the Facility department, including issuing written and oral instructions.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Maintains harmony among workers and will resolve grievances according to CTFC policy.
- Prepares departmental paperwork and any reports in regards to the department and company needs;
- Ensure safe conditions for the buildings and property by applying best management practices applicable to safety.
- Performs routine and assigned preventative maintenance duties as assigned, including but not limited to: cleaning, maintaining and repairing pools, saunas, whirlpools, stage and lighting equipment, kitchen and restaurant equipment, and conference room equipment.
- Work with city, state, & federal regulatory personnel and agencies to stay current and comply with regulatory issues, building codes, safety requirements, OSHA, TOSHA, EPA, etc..
- Investigates and resolve patron complaints regarding customer services issues.
- Ensures compliance with all departmental, organizational, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; will also help to enforce all required safety codes and safety orientation and training requirements.
- Communicates and documents interactions with contractors.
- Ability to delegate, train, and motivates employees.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair projects with appropriate department to ensure minimal guest and patron interruption.
- Supervise and ensure timely completion of projects by Facility staff.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular good attendance record.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Minimum two (2) years supervision experience, preferably one (1) year supervisory experience in a casino environment;
- Minimum two (2) years facility maintenance experience;
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and products;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Have knowledge of landscape maintenance and minor facility repairs;
- Must have knowledge of various hand, gas-powered and power tools and be able to safely operate those tools;
- Knowledge of applicable safe practices, including PPE, MSDS, Slips and Falls, HAZMAT, Biohazard, etc.;
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Must have basic maintenance skills (Plumbing, Carpentry, Irrigation and Electrical)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and understand directions on cleaning solutions and operating manuals.
- Must be able to be certified to operate scissor lift forklift, snow plow & tractor.
- Ability to maintain company and employee information confidentiality.
- Must be able to possess a valid Tribal Gaming License and maintain throughout employment.
- Must possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to periodically work outside of their normal work schedule, on short notice, in order to meet our operational needs which may include early or late shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties;
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds;
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to occasionally sit for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach;
- Ability to frequently climb and maneuver ladders;
- Ability to frequently push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals;
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment;
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation;
- Frequently exposed to vibration;
- Occasionally works near or around electricity; and
- Occasionally works near or around mechanical moving parts.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER