Website 12 Tribes Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $16.96 p/hr. p/hr. $DOE
Reports To: Sous Chef
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The EDR Cook is responsible for culinary preparation for the guests and team members for the team member dining room, catered events, banquets and special functions. Taste and presentation standards are expected be exceptional and directly affect a positive guest experience. Preparation and familiarity of the menu ingredients and recipe is a must and the candidate will typically be a learning position that is open to coaching and advice from the level III Cooks.
- Performs all essential functions to produce adequate and quality employee meals in a timely manner for the employee breakroom.
- Between cooking breakroom meals, incumbent will be required to assist in the kitchen which may include, but is not limited to: prep cook duties, slicing, preparing, stocking, cleaning, cooking, etc.
- Ensures quality of food served to customers, team members and maintains station and sanitation at all food prep areas.
- Must have proficiency in cutting, preparing, sautéing, and broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising techniques.
- Must have the ability to recreate menu items by taste, appearance and portion control standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Remains compliant with all regulations regarding health and safety issues for both employees and customers.
- Devotes strict attention to menu and recipe standards.
- Remains aware of guests waiting time and finds ways to handle as many guests or situations as possible.
- Moves the situation quickly toward resolution by efficiently managing and controlling the circumstances.
- Explains the “why” behind the resolution or action for the guest.
- Pays attention to detail and conducts thorough research to make the best decision for the guest and the business.
- Makes judgment calls based on understanding 12 Tribes Resort Casino’s Mission, Core Values and Objectives while utilizing research, knowledge, and experience.
- Proactively shares guest feedback with leadership and peers in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Anticipates the consequences of decisions that impact the guest and proactively provides solutions or recommendations appropriately.
- Views themselves as responsible for their contribution and remains self-aware of themselves.
- Takes personal responsibility for their performance, knows how they are performing and constantly strives to improve.
- Continues to develop both their skills so that they can contribute at a higher level.
- Actively seeks to build new skills; teaches others and shares best practices.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, courtesy, responsiveness, and professionalism in our daily work.
- Familiar with, and use, those policies and procedures as contained in the associate handbook.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned and covering the kitchen line when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred, however, accommodation can be made to candidates with previous culinary experience if concurrent GED enrollment can be verified.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a non-gaming permit.
- Must possess a current Class 12 permit prior to initial hire.
- Food Handler’s Certificate and ServeSafe Certified.
- Minimum one (1) year experience at Cook I level or test at equivalency, including DMO requirements.
- Passion for creating delicious and visually appealing food.
- Requires basic knowledge of the principles and practices within the kitchen environment.
- Experiential knowledge required for commercial kitchen practices and processes.
- Requires exceptional communication skills.
- Principles, practices, and processes of food and beverage preparation and delivery.
- Principles, practices, and processes of safe food handing.
- Principles, practices, and processes of food rotation and waste/spoilage record keeping.
- Must be able to work various shifts, sites, and days, including holidays.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
- Frequently works near or around mechanical moving parts.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise and smoke in the work environment.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.