Website 12 Tribes Coulee Dam Casino
Salary Grade: $16.17 p/hr. + TIPS NE5 (CDC)
Reports To: EGD Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED w/weekly reviews
Assists with the supervision and operation of the Slots/EGD department; provides staff with effective guidance and assistance in regards to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Slots/EGD department; performs duties in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations, while maintaining the cultural philosophies of Colville Gaming; may act in the place of the Slots/EGD Manager when assigned.
- Assists with personnel functions, such as: interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, development, supervision, delegations, evaluations and disciplinary actions; will perform these functions in a timely manner.
- Manages inventory issues, including: ordering supplies, inventory control and equipment maintenance.
- Prepares, and ensures the preparation of, daily, weekly, monthly and annual paperwork and any reports according to department and company needs; this may include some payroll and other administrative duties.
- Investigates and resolves patron complaints regarding customer services issues.
- Assists in evaluating and defining problems, collect data and resolve department operational issues.
- Knowledge of all current and upcoming promotions and involves the department with casino promotional programs.
- Ensures compliance with all departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; will also enforce all required safety codes.
- Assists with Slot Tournament.
- In the event of a machine malfunction, will be responsible for opening the machine and assigns staff for repairs.
- Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, overtime, holidays, and at special events as needed.
- Will cover shifts when needed.
- Assists in training newly hired employees.
- Prepares staff schedules, including the scheduling of any necessary employee training and ensuring the training requirements are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of work station, which includes, but is not limited to, gaming machines, the MT podium, EGD office, etc.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
- Performs work duties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates initiative in fulfilling guest’s needs and addressing potential issues.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- College degree in a related field preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a casino environment preferred.
- Minimum one year of EGD experience.
- Must successfully complete Title 31 Banking Secrecy Act training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Class 13 MAST permit. Must successfully pass TIPS training as required.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regales of their status or position.
- Working knowledge of SDS is preferred.
- Effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely, productively, and professionally with other individuals in a team environment to fulfill duties/assignments.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to complete clerical duties quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Ability to be fair, consistent, honest, and unbiased.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in the duties of the position.
- Must be able to work variable hours, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and possible overtime.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
- Ability to comprehend complex issues.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone/radio conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently works near or around electricity.
- Occasionally works near or around mechanical moving parts.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CTFC IS AN INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER