Website 12 Tribes Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $15.85 to $21.44 p/hr. + TIPS $DOE as Cashier/ $17.47 to $23.63 p/hr. + TIPS $DOE as Lead
Reports To: Cage Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Performs casino Cage Cashier and Lead Cage Cashier duties depending on operational need. Provides effective guidance and assistance in regards to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Cage department; assists with the department operations in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Will use World Till or other approved sports wagering technology to verify and pay sports wager tickets. This will include voiding Wagers within approved procedures. Print reports to indicated transactions completed for Sports Wagers during shift.
- Will oversee or verify sports wagering transactions.
- Responsible for assigned bank drawer.
- Receives and exchanges currency.
- Accepts checks in accordance to casino policy.
- Receives cash from the main bank.
- Prepares the cash drawer reconciliation and accounting records.
- Process department revenues for non-gaming departments.
- Counts cash three times prior to providing it to the guest. Once as the cash is coming in/out of drawer, once in hands, and once while giving/taking the cash to/from the guest.
- Assists with directing workflow and break times during assigned shift; assists with the implementation of procedures.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolve grievances according to CTFC policy.
- Maintains custody of the vault/safe room and verifies transactions of other applicable departments.
- Maintains custody of the cage inventory, including any currency and records associated with casino cage operations.
- Prepares reports as requested.
- Completes related paperwork for balancing of cage, including sports wagering transactions.
- Follows cash handling procedures and any other applicable laws, policies, and procedures that apply to the Cage department.
- Performs work duties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates initiative in fulfilling guest’s needs and addressing potential issues.
- Protects all assigned company assets.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply divide, and compute percentages.
- Proficiency at 10-key calculator.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs desirable.
- Minimum 6 months cash handling experience required.
- Minimum 3 months cage cashier experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete Title 31, Banking Secrecy Act
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong teamwork skills and be a self-motivator.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure and in a high stress environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in the duties of the position.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on radio conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Must be able to work variable hours including days, nights, graveyard, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.