Website 12 Tribes Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $ 15.85 – $21.44 p/hr. + TIPS
Reports To: Cage Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Performs casino cage cashier duties in accordance with casino policies and in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Will use World Till or other approved sports wagering technology to verify and pay sports wager tickets. This will include voiding Wagers within approved procedures. Print reports to indicated transactions completed for Sports Wagers during shift.
- Responsible for assigned bank drawers.
- Receives and exchanges currency.
- Accepts checks in accordance to casino policy.
- Receives cash from the main bank.
- Prepares the cash drawer reconciliation and accounting records.
- Process department revenues.
- Counts cash three times prior to providing it to the guest. Once as the cash is coming in/out of drawer, once in hands, and once while giving/taking the cash to/from the guest.
- Follows cash handling procedures and any other applicable laws, policies, and procedures that apply to the Cage department.
- Performs work duties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates initiative in fulfilling guest’s needs and addressing potential issues.
- Protects all assigned company assets.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply divide, and computing percentages.
- Proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs desirable.
- Must successfully complete Title 31, Banking Secrecy Act
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in the duties of the position.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on radio conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Must be available to work variable hours including days, nights, graveyard, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.