12 Tribes Lake Chelan Casino
Salary Grade: $17.00 p/hr.
Reports To: Cage Manager
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED weekly reviews
Performs casino cage cashier duties in accordance with casino policies and in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Responsible for assigned bank drawers.
- Receives and exchanges cash, coin, checks, credit card, debit card and gaming chips from patrons.
- Receives checks from patrons in exchange for currency and coin. Accepts checks in accordance to casino policy.
- Receives cash from the main bank.
- Prepares the cash drawer reconciliation and accounting records.
- Receives and exchanges cash, coin, and chips for non–gaming departments. Process department revenues for non-gaming departments.
- Counts cash three times prior to providing it to the guest. Once as the cash is coming in/out of drawer, once in hands, and once while giving/taking the cash to/from the guest.
- Follows cash handling procedures.
- Performs work duties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates initiative in fulfilling guest’s needs and addressing potential issues.
- Protects all assigned company assets.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply divide, and computing percentages.
- Proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs desirable.
- Must successfully complete Title 31, Banking Secrecy Act
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal, and non-verbal format while portraying a friendly tone, word choice, and body language.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in the duties of the position.
- Ability to be given verbal and written instruction and apply the instruction accurately.
- Sufficient visual acuity to write, recognize printed materials, computer screen, and notice non-verbal behavior.
- Speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on radio conversations, hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
- Must be available to work variable hours including days, nights, graveyard, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.