Website Gaming Headquarters
Salary Grade: $18.34-$24.81 p/hr. $DOE (NE7)
Reports To: Assistant Controller
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: October 8, 2021
Responsible for maintaining all general accounting functions and preparing financial reports for casino business enterprises; performs accounting functions and maintains records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), established policies and procedures, Tribal, State and NIGC requirements; performs duties in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Tracks NSF checks and maintains detailed records of all returned checks.
- Examines invoices submitted for payments; tests invoice extensions for correctness; verifies merchandise or services received and approved by the appropriate individual; prepares vouchers authorizing payment.
- Monitors accounts receivable collections and maintains accounts receivable subsidiary ledger.
- Maintains other subsidiary ledgers as necessary to support the general ledgers of each casino business.
- Prepares journal entries in order to maintain general ledgers in good order.
- Prepares and maintains biweekly payroll journals.
- Maintains files and schedules in good order in order to support the accounting system.
- Recommends and implements any necessary financial controls.
- Assists with preparing monthly computer generated financial statements on an accrual basis for each casino business.
- Assists auditors at year-end by preparing necessary schedules, descriptions and explanations.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliation and other cash clearing reconciliations.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all Colville Tribal casino information.
- Oversees the work of accounts clerks as required.
- Develops mathematical and/or statistical methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data in order to provide usable information for Casino management to make decisions
- Performs post-promotional statistical analysis with focus on revenue.
- Partners with various management staff to generate event and promotional statements.
- Partners with various management, slot, marketing, and accounting staff to determine needed report information and data collection.
- Involved in players database to develop marketing segments, mailing lists, and redemption tracking procedures.
- Maintains and provides complimentary analysis through weekly and monthly reports.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of accounting experience with manual and automated accounting systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP regulations and principles.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to clearly communicate or present findings and numerical data.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of management as well as customers, vendors, and independent accountants.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Ability to work variable hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat and reach.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- May be exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.