Human Resources Analyst | Full-Time
Mill Bay Casino
Human Resources Director
OPEN UNTIL FILLED 1st review February 19, 2021
The Human Resources Analyst contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This position will oversee HR duties at Coulee Dam Casino as needed. Considerable independent judgment is used to make decisions in carrying out assignments that may have a significant impact on the organization.
- Provides supervisors and managers support and guidance with regard to employee performance evaluations and disciplinary action.
- This position also provides assistance to higher level management staff in a variety of areas including employee relations, policy administration, compensation, and staff development.
- Gather statistics on industry related salaries and other related information to aid in developing job descriptions and setting salary ranges.
- Coordinates recruitment efforts, i.e. posts ads for open positions, maintains application files, coordinates interview process, conducts reference checks, etc.
- Analyze employment data and use information to increase employee retention, improve employee relations, job satisfaction and morale.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions, using department supervisor input.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures records are retained in compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Processes newly hired employees; conducts general orientation.
- Develops and compiles various letters and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and organized file system.
- Assists in implementation of employee safety program.
- Coordinates-but does not conduct-employee training.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, programmable telephone system, programmable fax and multi-use photocopier.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Personnel, Business Management or Administration preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a Human Resources or Professional setting with employee-relations experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Must have correspondence skills, report writing and editing with excellent spelling and grammar abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and must demonstrate resourcefulness in previous employment.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Tribal and Federal laws to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, ordinances and established policies and procedures which govern the personnel department.
- Ability to maintain company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and reach.
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.