Performs basic audits of operating units; conducts reviews of EGD (slot) and related EGD software report information and will occasionally review department daily revenue with table game stats to determine accuracy of financial information; performs accounting functions and maintains records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), established policies and procedures, Tribal, State and NIGC requirements; performs duties in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Examines operations and procedures for compliance with established policy.
- Reviews master game reports and supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform general sorting, filing, and other clerical duties.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all information within the department.
- Produces Slot journal for entry into accounting system.
- Maintains daily postings in binder.
- Verifies cashier returns and identifies variances.
- Enters data into system to generate daily, weekly, monthly and year-to-year date reports.
- Reviews and verifies Food and Beverage, Gift Shop, Mega Mania, Bingo and Pull Tab reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares documentation and/or findings report; may participate in review of findings with management.
- Acts as backup for other accounting staff.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- College level bookkeeping preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities,
- Ability to clearly communicate or present findings and numerical data.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculator.
- Ability to work variable hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
· Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
· May occasionally walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to bend, squat and reach.
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· May be exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
· May be exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
· May be exposed to tobacco smoke, fumes or airborne particles.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.