Performs casino cage cashier duties in accordance with casino policies and in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
· Responsible for assigned bank drawers.
· Receives and exchanges cash, checks, and gaming chips from patrons.
· Receives checks from patrons in exchange for currency, coin and chips. Accepts checks in accordance to casino policy.
· Handles fill and credit transactions in cooperation with security department members when assigned.
· Receives cash from the main bank.
· Prepares the cash drawer reconciliation and accounting records.
· Provides chip/change floor service to poker room when assigned.
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; also may compute discounts, fractions, ratios and percentages.
· Proficiency with 10-key calculator.
· Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs desirable.
· Must successfully complete Title 31, Banking Secrecy Act training
· Cashier experience preferred.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
· Must be able to work variable hours including days, nights, graveyard, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
Ability to occasionally sit for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
Frequently works near or around electricity.
Frequently works near or around mechanical moving parts.
Frequently exposed to vibration.
Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.