Dry Hair Cutting
This position will assist the Executive Sous Chef and Chef in the management of the restaurant facilities and the kitchen staff. Supervises Kitchen Staff providing effective guidance and assistance in regards to accomplishing the department goals and objectives; performs responsibilities in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations. Will also cover shifts when needed.
• Prepare food and supervise the food preparation and activities of other employees on a daily basis oversees front line, employee dinning, room service and Banquets.
• Assists with personnel functions, such as: interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, development, supervision, delegations, evaluations and disciplinary actions; will perform these functions in a timely manner.
• Coaches and trains Staff as needed.
• Works line in rush periods. Be familiar and able to teach kitchen employees on the Rational Oven and the correct usage of the Blast Chiller
• Checks and tastes all food products before they leave the kitchen maintaining consistency and quality.
• Works closely with Executive Steward on ordering, food rotation and storage.
• Inspects walk-ins and freezers on a regular basis to check for storage and labeling of food products.
• Controls overtime supervisor meal and smoke breaks.
• Makes sure cooks follow grooming standards and follow kitchen rules as noted
• Manages all stock and product issues, including: ordering supplies, inventory control and equipment maintenance. This will include completing a monthly inventory process.
• Will prepare daily and weekly prep and cleaning work lists for staff members.
• Prepare menu selections, plan daily specials, customer service options and offer procedure improvements.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe kitchen, dish room, walkways and storage areas.
• Help to ensure food quality and quantity for the food and beverage department; this may include evaluating food portions, maintaining property and stock security and helping to control energy and food costs in the kitchen.
• Develop and implement ongoing training to better the department operations.
• Ensures food quality and quantity for the entire food and beverage department.
• Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and annual paperwork and any reports according to department and company needs.
• Investigates and resolves patron complaints regarding customer services issues.
• Ensures compliance with all departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; will also enforce all required health and safety codes.
• Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• College degree in a related field preferred.
• Bilingual language preferred
• Supervisory experience in a casino environment preferred.
• Three (3) years of food industry experience preferred.
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
• Must have exceptional communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
• Must possess a valid Washington State Food Handler's Card. And Serve safe certification
• Must be able to work variable hours, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and possible overtime.
• Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
• Ability to frequently sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to frequently bend, squat and/or reach.
• Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
• Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
• Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.