DR Security Officer/ Supervisor
Mill Bay Casino
$11.61 - $15.29 DOE
Next review on September 14, 2018
Responsible for the efficient operation of the Security Department during assigned shifts and provides a safe work environment for guests and employees. Supervises security staff and protects company assets. The incumbent in this position is responsible to promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- Will assist with personnel functions, such as: interviewing, orientation, training, development, supervision, delegations, evaluations and disciplinary actions, and payroll activities; will perform these functions in a timely manner.
- Investigates and seeks resolutions to patron complaints and other customer service issues.
- Observes and reports incidents, procedure violations, safety hazard violations and criminal activities as they occur or when notified.
- May handle, verify, and escort large amounts of currency.
- Coordinates with appropriate law enforcement and regulatory agencies concerning all criminal activity taking place on CTFC Gaming property, including investigations of criminal and civil violation incidents.
- Transports company property and assets.
- Prepares daily, monthly and annual paperwork and any reports according to department and company needs as assigned.
- Informs the department of casino promotional programs and promotes customer service and friendly attitudes.
- Ensures compliance with all departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; enforces all required safety codes.
- Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Will cover shifts when needed.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferably in a casino environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of security experience, preferably in a casino environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of Class III gaming experience.
- Must possess a current and valid CPR/First Aide Certification, Blood Borne Pathogens Training, and MSDS Training.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Working knowledge of security systems and safety procedures.
- Experience with training staff in basic self-defense skills and security enforcement procedures.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Must possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Must successfully complete required training; this includes formal casino supervisory training and PSTN Security Supervisor and Basic Security Officer training.
Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to occasionally bend, squat and/or reach.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Occasionally works near or around electricity.
Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Occasionally exposed to belligerent, combative and/or intoxicated patrons.
Frequently exposed to a stressful work environment.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.