12 Tribes Colville Casinos Employment
Security Officer-1 Full Time
12 Tribes Resort Casino
$11.50 - $15.08 DOE
April 20, 2018
Responsible for the safety and protection of patrons, employees and casino property; promotes superior customer relations and a safe, friendly environment by preventing unsafe and illegal behavior.
- Performs perimeter checks and internal checks of building(s); systematically checks effectiveness of locks while performing checks.
- Investigates and seeks resolutions to patron complaints and other customer service issues.
- Observes and reports incidents, procedure violations, safety hazard violations and criminal activities as they occur.
- Coordinates with appropriate law enforcement agencies concerning all criminal activity taking place on CTFC Gaming property, including investigations of criminal and civil violation incidents.
- Writes and distributes incident reports to appropriate departments.
- Restricts and prevents access to sensitive casino areas by unauthorized persons.
- Transports company property and assets.
- Removes unruly, belligerent and intoxicated persons from casino premises, as directed by casino management
- Helps to ensure compliance with all departmental, company, gaming, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and any other applicable rules and regulations; enforces all required safety codes.
- Maintains company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
- Performs assigned work duties in a customer service friendly and safe manner.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Will cover when needed and be available for all work shifts.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous law enforcement / security experience desired, preferably in a casino environment.
- Working knowledge of security systems and safety procedures preferred.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Must possess certification in both CPR and basic first aid within first 90 Days.
- Must possess a current and valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Must successfully complete required training; this includes completing formal basic security officer, Target Solutions Basic Security Officer training, and SOCS training.
Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
Ability to frequently walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to occasionally bend, squat and reach.
Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
May be exposed to belligerent, combative and/or intoxicated patrons.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.