Dry Hair Cutting
The Cook I is responsible for culinary preparation for the cook's line. Taste and presentation standards are expected be exceptional and directly affect a positive guest experience. Preparation and familiarity of the menu ingredients and recipe is a must and the candidate will typically be a learning position that is open to coaching and advice from level II and III Cooks. Primary areas of responsibilities include: prep, pantry and fry stations with secondary responsibilities consisting of greeting customers and performing cashiering duties.
• Performs all essential functions while adhering to Tribal Gaming regulations.
• Ensures quality of food served to customers.
• Remains compliant with all regulations regarding health and safety issues for both employees and customers.
• Devotes strict attention to menu and recipe standards.
• Remains aware of guests waiting time and finds ways to handle as many guests or situations as possible.
• Moves the situation quickly toward resolution by efficiently managing and controlling the circumstances.
• Explains the "why" behind the resolution or action for the guest.
• Pays attention to detail and conducts thorough research to make the best decision for the guest and the business.
• Makes judgment calls based on understanding 12 Tribes Resort Casinos' Mission, Core Values and Objectives while utilizing research, knowledge, and experience.
• Proactively shares guest feedback with leadership and peers in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Anticipates the consequences of decisions that impact the guest and proactively provides solutions or recommendations appropriately.
• Views themselves as responsible for their contribution and remains self-aware of themselves.
• Takes personal responsibility for their performance, knows how they are performing and constantly strives to improve.
• Continues to develop both their skills so that they can contribute at a higher level.
• Actively seeks to build new skills; teaches others and shares best practices.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, courtesy, responsiveness, and professionalism in our daily work.
• Familiar with, and use, those policies and procedures as contained in the associate handbook.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned including operating point-of-sale system, including money handling and generating daily reports.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred, however, accommodation can be made to candidates with previous culinary experience if concurrent GED enrollment can be verified.
• Must be able to obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
• Must possess a current Class 12 permit prior to initial hire.
• Food Handler's Certificate and ServeSafe Certified.
• Recognizing and correcting situations that may be unsafe, unhealthy or may lead to poor guest service.
• Communicating both orally and in writing, able to demonstrate basic mathematical measurement calculations used when preparing food.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
• Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems.
• Finds creative solutions to problems and can see how the details fit into the big picture.
• Highly capable and resourceful problem solver, team player, and self-motivated.
• Ability to understand and follow all safety, sanitation and food handling instructions.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using kitchen utensils to include proper knife handling and use techniques.
• Requires basic knowledge of the principles and practices within the kitchen environment.
• Experiential knowledge required for commercial kitchen practices and processes.
• Requires exceptional communication skills.
• Principles, practices, and processes of food and beverage preparation and delivery.
• Principles, practices, and processes of safe food handing.
• Methods and strategies for monitoring food waste costs.
• Passion for creating delicious and visually appealing food.
• Makes recommendations to the Executive Chef in accordance with company policies.
The Cook I will demonstrate care for customers and associates, visibly demonstrate desire to understand others, create confidence and trust with others, is viewed by others as honest and direct, able to create an environment where associates thrive and actively seeks input and collaboration from team.
• Able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip/lift items up to 50 pounds while working at assigned area(s).
• Manual dexterity and coordination to operate equipment performed in a food service environment required,
• Routine exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or tobacco smoke and occasional exposure to potentially toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Candidate may also be subject to high levels of noise, with occasional exposure to extreme cold or hot temperatures.
• Function in mentally and physically stressful situations.
• Ability to frequently walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.