DR Cage Cashier/Lead Cashier
Mill Bay Casino
$11.63 Cashier/ $12.46 Lead - DOE
February 16, 2018
Provides staff with effective guidance and assistance in regards to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the cage duties; assists with the department operations in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Assists with directing workflow and break times during assigned shift; assists with the implementation of procedures.
- Assists with personnel functions, such as training and interviewing and provides input with regard to hiring decisions and evaluating personnel.
- Operates the main bank.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolve grievances according to CTEC policy.
- Maintains custody of the vault/safe room, and verifies the count room and Table Games transactions.
- Maintains custody of the cage inventory, including currency, coin, patron check, gaming chips, credit card transaction, slot pay out forms, other negotiable casino documents, forms and records normally associated with casino cage operations.
- Prepares reports as requested.
- Completes related paperwork for balancing of cage.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED.
- High School or College bookkeeping or accounting course preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; also may compute discounts, fractions, ratios and percentages.
- Proficiency at 10-key calculator.
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Windows based programs desirable.
- Cashier experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete Title 31, Banking Secrecy Act training.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Tribal Gaming License.
- Must be able to work variable hours including days, nights, graveyard, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Ability to occasionally sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally bend, squat and/or reach.
- Occasionally works near or around electricity.
- Occasionally works near or around mechanical moving parts
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Frequently exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.