Manages and coordinates all personnel functions; provides professional expertise in development and implementation of personnel policies and ensuring policies are consistent and in compliance with state, federal, and tribal policies and any other applicable rules and regulations. Provides guidance and support with management; works closely with management members.
• Develop, implements, and update personnel policies, procedures and forms; remains current with employment laws and regulations affecting personnel issues (Federal, State, TERO, etc.), employment practice or trends and recommends new or revised policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Assists and supports Human Resource Staff, managers and all employees regarding personnel issues; answers employee questions regarding personnel policies, procedures and benefits; researchers and disseminates topical or timely information to managers and/or other employee or personnel issues.
• Coordinates and assists with employee functions such as: recruitment, hiring, orientation, performance appraisals and training; determines employee classifications and ensures completion of all appropriate paperwork for current and new employees.
• Coordinates and participates in completion of transfers, promotions, lay-offs, recalls, demotions, terminations, and exit interviews.
• Coordinates employee training initiatives, succession planning, career mapping and training curriculum collaboration with the appropriate department manager(s) to develop a clear pathway to successful promotion from within initiative for all Colville Tribal associates in accordance with Title 10.
• Prepares statistical information regarding headcount and turnover rates.
• Reviews appropriate documentation regarding disciplinary and policies and procedures; ensures the employment-at-will relationship is not compromised.
• Coordinates and maintains CTFC's aggressive substance abuse policy which includes drug and alcohol testing.
• Establishes and maintains personnel records and reports; maintains company organization charts and employee directories.
• Perform related work as required to promote the goals and objectives of CTFC Gaming Division.
• Maintains personnel files and ensures records are retained in compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Personnel, Business Management or Administration required.
• Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Certification preferred.
• Minimum seven (7) years experience in Human Resource Management.
• Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience.
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
• Must have excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Tribal and Federal laws to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, ordinances and established policies and procedures which govern the personnel department.
• Ability to maintain company, employee and patron information confidentiality.
• Must successfully complete Title 31 compliance training.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
• Must possess a Washington State Driver's License with ability to obtain Colville Tribal Operator's License and eligible for the company vehicle insurance.
• Must pass an initial drug screen. Random testing is also in effect.
• Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
• Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds.
• Occasionally exposed to tobacco smoke.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Drug test required in accordance with CTFC policy. CTFC is an Indian preference employer.